Tips for Selling Your Home Yourself In The Fall
You’ve decided to sell your own home. That’s good, you will pocket thousands of dollars by doing it yourself. Here are some things to keep in mind as we move into Fall:
- Do NOT have photos taken with your Halloween, Thanksgiving, or Christmas decorations up. While your place may look great all decorated up, your photos will date how long your property has been on the market. People looking for a new home in the month of December might be turned off by those cute Halloween decorations and will instantly know your property has been on the market a couple of months.
- Pay attention to your yard and your landscaping. Some grasses turn yellow for the winter, so get ahead of the yellow and over-seed your grass. That’s what golf courses do for their entire course, so your little yard should be pretty easy. Also, focus on getting some color into your landscape – fall flowers, flowering small bushes, etc. Color will spruce up any exterior.
- Wash your windows. Sparkling windows provide a welcoming look from the street, and also a great view from the inside of the house. Remove screens if they are dirty or worn. Put them in your garage or storage unit for the new owners, but keep the windows sparkling without screens.
- You’ve heard of Spring Cleaning, right? Well, let’s do some Fall Cleaning. Dive into those piles of papers on your desk. Put them in a box, put the box in a closet. You will know where they are without having them take over your desk. Put away ALL family and friend photos. You are going to take them with you when you move, so just get them packed away a little early. The general rule: nothing on bathroom or kitchen countertops except cute decorative items. No make-up, no lotions, no dirty coffee makers — you get the point.
- If you have a pool, be sure it is clean for both your photos and any showings. There is nothing worse than a pool with a bunch of debris at the bottom or floating leaves on the top. And, don’t forget to put away all pool toys.
The Fall is a great time to sell your own home, so get your home in tip-top shape and get it on the market.
Lots of people want to get into a new place before the holidays are upon us, so use this time to truly showcase your home.
We look forward to helping you get maximum visibility with fsboTECH, so look over our website and get your property posted for all to see!